Not too long ago a scholar requested me, “What’s the finest IELTS Essay planning technique?” I used to be so happy to listen to this query as a result of it meant that this scholar understood the significance of planning earlier than answering an IELTS Writing query and did not need to simply ‘throw his concepts onto the web page.’
For all sorts of IELTS Writing duties, each Job 1 and Job 2, tutorial or basic, you will need to concentrate on the next:
- efficient preparation
- efficient planning
- acceptable model
- acceptable tone
- appropriate construction and format (i.e. make sure that your letter ‘seems to be like a letter’ or your report ‘seems to be like a report’.
On this submit I might prefer to introduce you to what I believe is the finest IELTS writing process.
(put together, put together, put together; I’ve simply mentioned it 3 times as a result of that is how vital I believe it’s!)
1. Learn the duty query very fastidiously.
When you are studying the query, you must ask your self the next questions:
- What precisely do I’ve to put in writing about?
- What model (formal or casual) and tone (informative or complaining and so forth?) do I would like?
2. Brainstorm and make notes of your concepts.
Right here you are attempting to think about the utmost variety of concepts you have got that relate to the duty (make sure that they’re related!). You must write these notes on the query paper, somewhat than the reply sheet, so then you understand that they examiner won’t learn them as a part of your reply.
3. Plan your essay
Right here that you must choose the concepts that you will use, resolve that are an important and group them in order that your Essay has a construction and is not only a fragmented catalogue of concepts.
I discover loads of college students are involved about ‘losing time’ on planning. Within the IELTS Writing check, do NOT look at anybody else within the room and panic as a result of they seem like writing their reply and you are making notes. There are two causes for this;
- by no means have a look at different individuals in an examination, you do not need to look as if you happen to’re attempting to cheat
- we’re attempting to make use of our planning technique to get the most effective IELTS Writing rating attainable; it is not a race to see who can write probably the most rapidly!
That mentioned, it is vital to concentrate on time within the IELTS Writing check. You’ve got 20 minutes for Job 1 so I counsel you spend most 5 minutes on the preparation stage. You’ve got 40 minutes for the longer Job 2 so I counsel you spend most 10 minutes on the preparation stage.
4. Write your Essay in your reply sheet, following the plan you wrote within the preparation stage
Be certain your handwriting is legible. Though you’ll be able to select whether or not to put in writing in pen or pencil, I often suggest that my college students write their IELTS Writing solutions in pencil; a lot neater if you happen to change and proper issues.
I often suggest that this stage takes about 10 minutes for IELTS Writing Job 1 and 20 minutes for IELTS Writing Job 2. (That you must depart a while for the subsequent stage; roughly 5 minutes for Job 1 and 10 minutes for Job 2).
5. Right here the purpose is to verify that you’ve got written the most effective IELTS Writing reply you’ll be able to. You are going to evaluation and enhance your work.
Here is what you have to be checking at this stage:
- be sure you’ve answered the duty totally (all points of the duty)
- verify that your model and tone are acceptable and constant (e.g. NOT, Expensive Sir,…………’Hello, how are ya doin?’!
- make sure that your paragraphing is evident and logical
- all of your supporting factors are related to your reply to the duty.
- search for grammar and spelling errors.
Lastly remember that IELTS Writing Job 1 must be no less than 150 phrases and IELTS Writing Job 2 must be 250 phrases.
These phrase counts are good tips. In my view, Writing Job 1 solutions ought to be someplace between 150 and 180 phrases, Writing Job 2 solutions ought to be someplace between 250 and 300 phrases.
Here is to the most effective IELTS rating attainable!