I like Frederick Douglass:
– as a result of he defied the chances. He escaped from slavery and taught himself easy methods to learn and write. He stated “information is the pathway from slavery to freedom.” By giving himself the reward of schooling, he gave himself a lifetime of choices and prosperity. We are able to nonetheless draw from his message at this time by being continuous learners.
– as a result of he was an important author. Throughout a time when it was practically unimaginable for Blacks to learn he discovered the willpower and braveness to doc his story. His guide is entitled “Narrative of the Lifetime of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave”. Frederick Douglass’ autobiography was printed in 1845. He rewrote the autobiography twice and every time republished his life’s story. Frederick Douglass was additionally a writer. The identify of his newspaper was The Northern Star.
– as a result of he was an important orator and public speaker. Spectators, Black and White got here from throughout to listen to Douglass communicate and lecture. One in all his well-known speeches was on the Seneca Falls Conference the place he delivered an impromptu speech about Ladies’s Voting Rights. As an orator Douglass took nice duty in spreading a message of hope, enlightenment, and motion. He stated “I prayed for twenty years however obtained no reply till I prayed with my legs.” He knew that with out taking motion little could be completed.
– as a result of he was an advocate for interracial marriage. Two years after Anna, his first spouse, handed; Frederick Douglass married a white lady, Helen Pitts. Even supposing the wedding trigger an excessive amount of turmoil along with his grownup youngsters and between Pitts and her household Douglass didn’t again down. He usually introduced consciousness to the truth that whereas his first marriage was to an individual the colour of his mom; his second was to an individual the colour of his father. I like the truth that though he was an advocate for the rights of Blacks, the mistreatment of Blacks did not flip him right into a racist. He valued everybody.
– as a result of he has many honors and awards. Posthumously Frederick Douglass is the one man to turn into an honorary Alpha Phi Alpha member. There are a number of buildings and colleges named after him. There are a number of statues erected in his honor. And, his dwelling within the District of Columbia is a Nationwide Historic Web site.
Hopefully this text supplies some alternative routes to supply details about Mr. Douglass. Apart from being an abolitionist, there are numerous different qualities and traits that he possessed.