Not too long ago a pupil requested me, “What’s the finest IELTS Essay planning technique?” I used to be so happy to listen to this query as a result of it meant that this pupil understood the significance of planning earlier than answering an IELTS Writing query and did not wish to simply ‘throw his concepts onto the web page.’
For all sorts of IELTS Writing duties, each Process 1 and Process 2, tutorial or basic, it is very important concentrate on the next:
- efficient preparation
- efficient planning
- applicable fashion
- applicable tone
- right construction and format (i.e. be certain that your letter ‘appears to be like like a letter’ or your report ‘appears to be like like a report’.
On this publish I might wish to introduce you to what I feel is the finest IELTS writing process.
(put together, put together, put together; I’ve simply mentioned it 3 times as a result of that is how vital I feel it’s!)
1. Learn the duty query very fastidiously.
If you are studying the query, it is best to ask your self the next questions:
- What precisely do I’ve to jot down about?
- What fashion (formal or casual) and tone (informative or complaining and so on?) do I want?
2. Brainstorm and make notes of your concepts.
Right here you are attempting to think about the utmost variety of concepts you’ve that relate to the duty (be certain that they’re related!). It’s best to write these notes on the query paper, moderately than the reply sheet, so then you already know that they examiner is not going to learn them as a part of your reply.
3. Plan your essay
Right here you must choose the concepts that you will use, determine that are crucial and group them in order that your Essay has a construction and is not only a fragmented catalogue of concepts.
I discover plenty of college students are involved about ‘losing time’ on planning. Within the IELTS Writing check, do NOT look at anybody else within the room and panic as a result of they look like writing their reply and you make notes. There are two causes for this;
- by no means take a look at different individuals in an examination, you do not wish to look as for those who’re attempting to cheat
- we’re attempting to make use of our planning technique to get one of the best IELTS Writing rating attainable; it isn’t a race to see who can write probably the most rapidly!
That mentioned, it is vital to concentrate on time within the IELTS Writing check. You may have 20 minutes for Process 1 so I recommend you spend most 5 minutes on the preparation stage. You may have 40 minutes for the longer Process 2 so I recommend you spend most 10 minutes on the preparation stage.
4. Write your Essay in your reply sheet, following the plan you wrote within the preparation stage
Make certain your handwriting is legible. Though you may select whether or not to jot down in pen or pencil, I often suggest that my college students write their IELTS Writing solutions in pencil; a lot neater for those who change and proper issues.
I often suggest that this stage takes about 10 minutes for IELTS Writing Process 1 and 20 minutes for IELTS Writing Process 2. (You want to depart a while for the subsequent stage; roughly 5 minutes for Process 1 and 10 minutes for Process 2).
5. Right here the purpose is to verify that you have written one of the best IELTS Writing reply you may. You are going to evaluation and enhance your work.
Here is what you need to be checking at this stage:
- be sure you’ve answered the duty absolutely (all points of the duty)
- verify that your fashion and tone are applicable and constant (e.g. NOT, Pricey Sir,…………’Hello, how are ya doin?’!
- be certain that your paragraphing is obvious and logical
- all of your supporting factors are related to your reply to the duty.
- search for grammar and spelling errors.
Lastly remember that IELTS Writing Process 1 must be a minimum of 150 phrases and IELTS Writing Process 2 must be 250 phrases.
These phrase counts are good tips. In my view, Writing Process 1 solutions must be someplace between 150 and 180 phrases, Writing Process 2 solutions must be someplace between 250 and 300 phrases.
Here is to one of the best IELTS rating attainable!